Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
Therapy using Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) technology is becoming increasingly popular and is even starting to enter hospitals to treat the side effects on the tissue due of cancer therapy. Depending on the wavelength emitted, the ray penetrates more or less deeply and allows different actions on living tissues. Its main properties are:
- Stimulates healing (skin and mucous membrane)
- Decreases edema
- Stimulates the production of certain tissues
- Remote action by solicitation of acupuncture points
The direct action found on the tissues:
- Decreased prostaglandins.
- Decreased production of free radicals.
- Increased permeability of the lymphatics allowing the vertebral discs to regain volume and thus prevent the transverse processes from touching each other.
- Angiogenesis and neovascularization: An increase in oxygenated blood in the injured tissue accelerates tissue healing.
- Collagen production: Elaboration of collagen fibers by fibroblasts and neovascularization. The alignment and distribution of collagen reduces the formation of internal scars and improves tissue elasticity.
- Muscle regeneration and muscle atrophy: The repair of damaged muscle fibers and the activation of myogenic satellite cells lead to the regeneration of muscle tissue.
- Inflammation and Edema : Increase in inflammatory mediators such as macrophages, neurophils and lymphocytes accelerates and resolves the inflammatory process.
- Nerve regeneration : Proliferation of growth factors promotes neuronal sprouting and myelin formation for optimal nerve recovery.
- Cartilage production : Increase in chondrocyte and collagen production allows for improved cartilage deposition and joint function.
- Bone formation : Proliferation of osteocytes and remodeling of bone extracellular matrix results in accelerated bone repair.
Possible fields of action are:
- BRONJ (Biphosphate related osteonecrosis of the jaw)
- Maxillary osteonecrosis
- Various pains
- High blood pressure
- Intervenes in the mucosities induced by radio-chemo
- Cervical spondylosis
- Discal hernia
- Arthrites (dorsal or joints) by its action on the bones and ligaments
- Muscular or ligamentous problems (muscle tears, strains, ...)
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- To this is added the set of distal points of acupuncture to use this type of device instead of traditional acupuncture needles.
According to unconfirmed studies to date, this type of treatment would also have a curative effect in the case of leukemia. But other fields of application are still under study.
The wavelengths used for the therapy is between 650 nm and 850 nm and its power must not exceed 500 mW, which corresponds to a maximum of 2J / cm² because beyond its action would be more harmful than positive.
The red light produced by a super LED as used by some product market only crosses the fatty layer and only affects the muscular area surface. The 650 nm laser has an action to the heart of the muscle but does not reach the bone unlike lengths such as 850 nm. Depending on the pathology (and therefore its depth and density of parts to be treated), it will be necessary to change the frequency because the 850nm will not have the same effects as the 650nm. To simplify the use of this type of device, there are products on the market including 2 wavelengths, which allows to combine the qualities without thereby harming.
According to the laboratory tests, it appears that there is no side effect and that even applied to healthy parts, no problem is to be deplored. So we are in the presence of a therapy that can only bring benefits even if it is misused. Only the eyes must be protected to avoid accidents during the sessions and of course to avoid looking directly at the rays with the risk of damaging the retina. The contraindications relate to unknown applications and therefore based on the principle of prevention: that is to say pregnant women (this can be understood) and people with hemorrhagic disease (due to the fact of the increased oxygenation of the blood).
This type of technology is in full expansion and is very promising especially as its application in acupuncture opens even more the field of possible.
We offer 3 types of laser that perfectly matches the qualities that can be achieved with this technology: the LF1 for manual use, the LF2 to cover larger surfaces and allows to be attached to the body via straps and LF3 for personal use that allows via the blood system to treat a variety of pathologies. These 3 products are very affordable, standalone rechargeable battery and has lasers at 2 simultaneous wavelengths (model LF1 and LF2) to cover the spectrum of what is used in this technology.